Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010



Today is Mother's Day. It has been OK so far. Mia and I have had our little head butts through the day like any normal day. I wish they didn't have to occur at all. Especially on a holiday like Mother's Day. But unfortunately a seven year old's ears sometimes tend to function at less than 50%. Therefore causing one to need to repeat one's self often. But regardless of all that, we had a pretty good day. We went to a matinee performance of Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center. It was soooooo cute! It was a small intimate production and the cast was fabulous. The girl who played Lilly was hilarious.

Mia on stage before the show

Mia and Lilly

After the play we went and got Peachwave Frozen Yogurt. Yummy! They have Peanut Butter frozen yogurt. It is so delish! If you have never been there before, Peachwave is a self serve frozen yogurt place. They have at least 10-12 different yogurt machines. You fill your cup with whatever you want and then take it for a trip down the aisle of toppings! You can load your cup with as much (or as little) as you want because you pay by the ounce. I like this place because I am not a huge ice cream lover. I just want a taste. My counter part loves to heap on the toppings. So it works out well.

Mmmmm...

Whatchooo Lookin' At?

Later on this evening, we went with Troy's parents to the Bonefish Grill. That is our favorite special occasion place to eat. Thanks Sher Bear for turning us on to "The Bone"! As you may or may not know, their Bang Bang Shrimp is the BOMB, and they have the best Creme Brûlée in the world. At least in Amber, Troy and Mia's World!

Typical Bonefish Artwork!

Needless to say we are all stuffed and ready for some chill out time before we have to start another busy work/school week. Tomorrow is ribbon week at swim! Yay!
Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all either had a fabulous day with your loved ones, or treated your Mama great today!

No comments:

Post a Comment