Tuesday, March 1, 2011

GLO!!!



You know how much we love music and we went to a concert last weekend with our friends. OMG...Fun!
The Band: Ghostland Observatory
The Venue: Cain's Ballroom Tulsa, OK
In Attendance: The Whites, The Rossows, The Kirchhoffs, The Eberhardts and our "Driver" Brian

I really think it is funny to say our "Driver", but really it is a safe, responsible, heck of a good time. So we were all happy we splurged and rented a limo. The driver just happened to be Randy and Kendra's neighbor. He was very cool. He even took us to his recording studio which is located right by Cain's Ballroom. Little did we know Coach Michael (for some reason when I blog I must still call him Coach Michael even though he and Troy no longer coach the girls' soccer team anymore) can really bang a drum. Holy smokes! He just walked in and plunked down in that seat and went nuts. We were all shocked, and he is now going to get a new drum kit. I'm buying Kelly some earplugs for Christmas. I'm sure the kids are going to dig the new instrument as much as Dad!
Anyway...back to the concert....
OK, so we hit a few bars on the way which was fun in itself. (The Treehouse and McNellie's were our preconcert stops.)

Once we got to the venue the night really took off. I met this guy...


Randy and Kendra introduced us to GLO and we were all hooked and excited to see them live. They are a two man band out of Austin, TX. Their live shows are packed full of choreographed lasers. This is one show that will be making an encore on our concert list. Their music is awesomely catchy and the laser show is just an added bonus.

Here is someone else's video footage. I'm kinda lazy right now, but more than anything wanted to show some good video. I was busy enjoying the show close up...You just need to see them live. But buy your tix in advance. They SELL OUT!


This was my first concert at Cain's Ballroom. I will definitely go back SOON!


1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun!!

    Thanks for the follow:) Following right back and hope to see you often:)

    ReplyDelete