Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Counting Down to LAUGHS!


OK Kids! So you know we are going to see Chelsea Handler in 31 days 12 hours and 24 minutes.
I am half way through her new book Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang. I really thought I would be finished by now since I had six days to do nothing but lay in bed (surgery last week...no need for the gory details...I'm OK and on the mend). Apparently I underestimated the power of pain pills and was either nauseated or sleeping the whole time. Anyway...back to the book...IT IS FUNNY. I mean at first it is "OMG, are you kidding me?" funny. But keep reading...as you go you can just hear her sarcastic voice in your mind. I had the pleasure of reading Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea via an audio book which was narrated by Chelsea Handler herself. I wasn't being lazy, I just listened to it in the car and I do enough things in the car, I don't need to pick up a book as well. That one is hilarious as well ESPECIALLY when you get to listen to her the whole time! I have My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands, which I hear is equally as funny. But I bought the audio version so I could enjoy the wit of her voice telling me the story again, only this one was narrated by someone else and it does the book no justice. So I am leaving this one to read the old fashioned way.
I really, really hope to have my copy of her latest book signed at her show in 31 days 12 hours and 12 minutes. I hear that there is a book signing at midnight after the show. Sorry friends, if I am privileged enough to a) be still awake long enough to wait in a book signing line and b) able to find said book signing, I will be hanging on to my 1st Edition copy. You're gonna have to get your own copy! Did I mention that her tour is sponsored by Belvedere Vodka? What!? I'm just sayin'! :O)
I am posting a funny video clip from Chelsea Lately below. It is the clip from where she is giving employee reviews. Here she is reviewing John Caparulo. (You may remember him from Last Comic Standing)
Enjoy your little giggle for the evening...and get the above mentioned books!!

(Also, here is a direct link in case you prefer to watch it on her site...click here)
The volume on the embedded video is really low.

No comments:

Post a Comment