Wednesday, March 3, 2010

DALLAS! MY KIND OF TOWN!

This Spring is starting to take shape for us! Well, I should say for Troy and I. I am starting to feel guilty. We have two things planned for ourselves this spring that involve weekends in Dallas.

First, April 24th we are going to see Chelsea Handler (our favorite female comedian) at the Nokia Theatre in Grand Prairie. Last Fall we made our very first trip to Dallas for a night to see Mat Kearney at the Dallas House of Blues. We had a BLAST! We were supposed to see Chelsea Handler in Vegas last fall, but the dates didn’t work out, so you can imagine my excitement when she announced her Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang Tour promoting her new book due out this Spring. I jumped all over that and got us two tickets. Troy and I don’t get to do a whole lot on our own, which is fine, but it will be nice to have a night to do something less Disney. J

Sooooo….. we are excited, watching the calendar pages fly by…when all of the sudden…Tom Petty hits me up on Facebook! Well, his Facebook page hit me up on Facebook announcing his 2010 tour AND the fact that he is releasing a new CD this Spring! Now, I like the rest of you thought that the two times that I got to see Tom were the only two in my life. I thought the next time I got to see him, he would be waiting at those pearly gates for me someday in Heaven. But NO! To my surprise…I will get to partake in (at least) one more concert given by this FREAKIN’ AWESOME PERFORMER. Troy and I have gotten to see him twice now, as I mentioned before. But I have a feeling this will be the BEST! The last time we saw him was in Vegas, at the Hard Rock. It was so awesome. Very small venue. But unfortunately, I had the Shingles and was on pain pills. Boooooo! So, yes, it was soooo great, but could have been soooo much better.

I will keep you all posted! I go online tomorrow morning at 10am with my little presale code in hand. I’m scoping out some GOOD seats…Fingers Crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment