Friday, I actually left work early for reasons not pertaining to a sick child, doctor's appointment or school function! It was weird. I was planning on taking the whole day off of work to spend with Mia on her final day of Fall Break. Troy had stayed home the other two days. I made the decision to just go in to work since the weather had been crummy all week and I only had 2 days of vacation left until March. Boy did I make the wrong decision! It was GORGEOUS on Friday. I did get a lot of work done, but after lunch I decided to cut out a couple hours early so I could take Mia to the pumpkin patch. We mainly went to Pumpkin Town for the photo op only! Their pumpkins sure are beautiful, but they are extraordinarily priced! After we left Pumpkin Town, we went to Sooner Produce (on the corner of 21st and Harvard for all you Tulsans) to pick our pumpkin. They had lots of beautiful pumpkins as well and are very, very reasonable!
Mia at Pumpkin Town
Today has been such a lazy Sunday.
Yesterday Troy went to the OSU Homecoming football game. He left Tulsa with Coach Mike, his brother in law and a college friend at 2:00pm. They spent the afternoon in Stillwater partying tailgate style until the game started. Then they headed to Eskimo Joe's for the first half of the game. Troy had one request on his trip to Stillwater. This was to bring home some Eskimo Joe's cups. They are these great big plastic cups, great for drinking TEA out of. Or your beverage of choice. Apparently you are served your drinks in the Joe's cups and get to take them with you as a souvenir. I lost count of the number of cups as I loaded them in the dishwasher, but there has to be at least 10. Troy claims that he was given a few extra cups by the bartender. But he could also be in denial of his final drink count. Either way, he was not at 100% today. He claims he was not GOMA today. "I'm just tired" is the claim I received several times today. Troy, you can't fool the Goma Warrior. :0)
Here they are with a shooter to start the day!
Today we just hung out in our normal lazy way. We did take Mia to the park for a while...until we came upon a bunch of wasps. I was outta there! Troy has been counting down the minutes until bed time, so I am fairly positive he is glad that we are all tucked in bed watching our Sunday night TV shows! Lots to do in the next few weeks, like a trip to Dallas and the Mat Kearney concert as well as our annual Halloween Bash...we better rest up!



No comments:
Post a Comment