We loaded up the mutts and took them downtown Jenks for their first trip to U Dirty Dawg wash. I posted a few months ago about its grand opening. But this was our first trip in to beautify the four legged Eberhardts. When I walked in I was shocked at how awesome this place was. Immediately the owner greeted us at the door. Ready to take us under her wing and show us the ropes to getting the full use of their facility. She used Hannah as her guinea pig. I'm not sure if it was because Hannah is the size of a guinea pig, or if she was because Hannah looked the least bit excited about what was about to happen. They have wonderfully big luxurious tubs that you load your pup in and scrub them up til they shine! They provide the shampoo (baby powder or eucalyptus scents) and the conditioner. They even have big plastic aprons for you to put on during the bath for the "shake" session. After the tubby, you bring them to the drying area, where they have several high powered dryers that you can use to get your pup 100% water free! Hannah got to go in a crate with two fans on her while the Bassets were hand dried by us. Hair was a flyin' all over from our two hounds plus the beautiful German Shepherds who were also lucky enough to be indulging in spa day! I couldn't figure out why the wifey owner of the German Shepherds was in the lobby the whole time while her husband did all they drying. Little did I know of the allergy problems she has. Well...as I sit here and type this I have a box of tissues within reach. This after a good sinus wash. Now I realize...holy cow! That drying area is a dangerous place for people like me with bad allergies. I am hoping to escape the trip to the ERgent care for an allergy shot tonight. EEK! Guess next time I will need to prepare myself better with a face mask or maybe a 3M Respirator!! Oh well, that is the price you pay for beauty I guess, huh? After the dogs were dry, the owner (for just five extra bucks a dog) took her dremmel tool to their toenails. I have NEVER seen the Bassets nails so short and look so good! We sprayed them with some Puppy Perfume and wrapped their cute little necks with some Shamrock bandanas and loaded them back up in the car. They look sooooo awesome! And they feel sooooo special to have been treated to a spa day! You must check out their website (www.udirtydawgjenks.com) to see pictures of their facility. They are also on Facebook and Twitter. You can follow them from their website. Please take your pups in next time they are Dirty Dawgs! Here are some pics from our trip and back!






Love it!! Especially the picture of Hannah howling in the drying crate. And Marley looks so proud to be clean. Check out that smile!! Charlie gives our dogs a bath each month and makes such a mess in the bathroom. I may have to treat them one month to a trip to Dirty Dawgs. But I think that would be more of a treat to me than a treat to them!!
ReplyDelete