Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh My My!

In honor of this Thursday's full moon @ Autumn Equinox, I decided that I am going to take the next few days to write about none other than Tom Petty! Well, it turns out, we are heading down to the BOK Center on Thursday to see Tom himself as he stops by Tulsa to share his Mojo tour with us! As you may know, we were supposed to see Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers earlier this Spring in Dallas. After the front half of his tour got redirected to the end of the tour, he announced he would be adding Tulsa to his list of cities! SCORE! Believe me...I lost a lot of sleep in the weeks that led up to the announcement. It is incredibly hard to sleep with all of your fingers AND toes crossed. But in the end, they signed on to perform at the one year anniversary for the BOK Center. Since our Dallas tickets got changed to a Wednesday instead of a Saturday, it was going to mean more time off of work. We were eligible for a full refund due to the postponement. As much as it pained me to not attend both dates, we could save us some dough and make our Tulsa concert experience even better with that savings. We are going with a group of our great friends. Even renting a limo and taking the next day off of work so we can truly party like rock stars that night! We have sixth row...YES...6TH ROW seats. This will be the closest seats we have had for one of his shows. (BIG, HUGE grin....SMILE)
I don't even know how to express my pure excitement for this event. I am sure to be posting all of our Petty Pics on Facebook that night. Stay tuned for the one of Tom and I backstage after the show! Until then, I will be celebrating like no other fanatic by dedicating my blog to them for the days leading up to what will be FULL MOON FEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment