Last weekend the Princess Strikers had one HECK of a game as well as their season pictures.
We love picture day. It always means a free Metro Tulsa T-shirt. I know. That sounds pretty lame. It's just something we like..leave us alone. :0)The girls played their game in the morning. And a whippin' wind morning it was! Metro Tulsa Soccer Complex, although a really nice location for kids soccer, is one big wind tunnel! The weather may seem soooo gorgeous from our deck before the game. But it is a totally different story upon arrival at the fields. Regardless of the weather and/or wind, the game was spectacular! We won! (Even though we technically don't keep score, our coaches always know who's up, and so do the girls. That competitiveness comes at an early age I guess!
I brought my camera to the game since I am really trying to utilize the skills that I am picking up at my Digital SLR class. We just had a class on shutter speed priority. What better place to practice some action shots than a soccer game, eh? I ended up getting a couple really cute pics of the girls, including one of Mia setting up for the goal she made! Go Mia! She normally plays 3rd attack (defense). But Coach Mike put her on 1st attack for one shift. I was very proud of her as well as all the girls on the team. They are really starting to come out of the box. The games are just soooo enjoyable now. They were super cute in U5 when they first started. But it just keeps getting better!
Here are a couple of shots from the game:
On Friday, April 9th the girls will get to take part in something really cool. They have arranged for the girls to attend a Jenks Girls soccer game. The Princesses will be honorary guests and will be announced along with the Jenks players when they take the field at the beginning of the game. That is going to be soooo fun for them! At first when I mentioned it to Mia, she got a scared look on her face and said "I don't want to do that. They will beat us!" I don't think she understood that they won't actually be playing against eachother! After a little talk I think she gets it now. I hope. :0)



No comments:
Post a Comment