Friday, December 19, 2008

The Escape Artist

We have been trying to keep Hannah in the Kitchen so she can hang out with the Basset Hounds instead of being in her own crate all alone. We came home one day and she was somehow running around the house. I blamed Troy for forgetting to put her in the kitchen. He even thought he was going crazy and forgot too!
So tonight we left to go shopping, and just to be safe we put the bar stools up against one gate and a basket of blankets on the other. We came home and once again, she had escaped. We saw her do it last night, but thought that with the stuff in the way it would look too frightening to try to escape now! We were wrong. I put her back in the kitchen, and BAM! She was out in less than thirty seconds! I had to get it on tape. It is a bit blurry, but you get the point.
So...since she was only in the kitchen for thirty seconds of the three hours we were gone, you can imagine the fun clean up we came home to. She tore into cardboard boxes from opened Christmas gifts and pulled Mia's Santa Bag off of the kitchen table to play with the pom pom on the top.
No place is safe anymore!!! What to do! I'm afraid to put her in the laundry room for fear that she will dig through the wall!
You think it's funny, but we had a Yorkie who actually did that to my wall when I was little!
Not pretty!

1 comment:

  1. i know how you feel puppies ae so naughty my pups have got into the habbit of eaating £10 notes..im not impressed but the so cute youve just gotta forgive them..well try..lol

    stacey:)

    ReplyDelete