I cannot think of one year that I have been more excited to leave than
OH EIGHT. Thinking back, it has been pretty miserable and I gladly
bid it farewell.
I would go into all of the reasons why I hate OH EIGHT, but to be
quite honest, I am trying to look forward and all I feel like saying
is that it sucked!
I was thinking about New Years Eve approaching in a day and a half,
and I could not be more excited to buy a bunch of booze and party my
booty off. I hate OH EIGHT that much! I hate it so much that I would
gladly welcome a whole day in bed with nothing but a bunch of freeze
pops and a trash can next to my head. And you know how miserable that
is to me! Not really, but you know...!
So I got really excited when I came across an article on the Internet
regarding what they are calling "Good Riddance Day". Could this be
more fitting? Do they do this every year? I have never noticed this
observance before.
But then again, I have never really minded every other year until OH
EIGHT! Apparently in New York, people come to Time Square on said day
and shred memories of the passing year. People either write their
memories down on paper or bring pictures or letters with them to
shred. What a fun idea. I had actually had a similar thought this
morning while driving to work! Only mine consisted of a fire pit,
lighter fluid and a book of matches!
It is now that I say with a happy heart...WELCOME OH NINE! You can't
come fast enough!




No comments:
Post a Comment