Monday, February 23, 2009

Attention Tooth Fairy...

…Mia lost her third tooth last night. This one really was a big production. She had been wiggling this tooth for a few days, making sure to let us know that it was indeed loose. On Saturday night, while at Hideaway Pizza, she thought it was necessary to really begin working on getting that sucker out of there. Troy was even giving her assistance, and thinking of ways to help her get it out. I looked at it and insisted that it was nowhere near falling out status. Until a tooth is hanging by its last string (gross) it is not ready in my book. But Saturday night after explaining to her that it was not ready over and over, she broke down in tears. We came to find that the reason why she was so adamant about getting that tooth out was because her teacher, Mrs. Miller, has a chart in their classroom and every person that loses a tooth gets charted! She was bawling saying “It has to come out before Monday because I want to make sure to get on the chart”. There was nothing I could do to explain to her that February still has a week left in it. (I am assuming that since February is Dental month, she is only charting this for one month.) They do some really silly things in her class. This made me quite angry. The fact that my child wanted to take her teeth out when they were obviously not ready, just to get on a stupid chart at school. Sometimes I think that the teachers really need to think ahead on things like this. But I guess, who would think a child wants to purposely inflict gross pain on themselves just to get on a chart! Apparently, at Kindergartener named Mia! She got that tooth out on Sunday night after her shower. I was told it was just one part that was giving her a tough time getting it out.

I just don’t ever want a part in that. It makes my skin crawl to think about that process!!! She will be placing her tooth under her pillow tonight and the going rate is 1 Buck at the Eberhardt house! Not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment