Sunday, February 22, 2009

Slow Down Sunday


This week was pretty busy, but very productive. Monday was President's Day, so Mia had off of school. I stayed with her in the afternoon. We went shopping. It was FUN! I got my new Vera Bradley bag and she got this Shar Pei Prom Costume. She has worn it for about fifty seconds. Just long enough for me to snap a picture! She says it is scratchy. She is so "Her Father's Daughter". He is the same way with clothes. She will probably never put it on again. Nice!

Friday night, Troy had a Soccer Coach's meeting after work. So Mia and I set out to find the Basset Hounds some new dog beds. Hannah has destroyed all the dog beds in the house but her own. Go figure. We went right to Sam's since that is where we find them for the best deal. They were only $22.00! Such a good deal when you consider that if you were to buy a nice big bed like this from Petco or Petsmart, you will drop at least $70.00 for one! So paying under $50.00 for two is in my mind a steal! Madison was soooo excited when I brought them in the door! You can tell she was missing her old one.

We met friends Lisa and Jerry with their cute kids Addisson and Ty at Hideaway Pizza for dinner last night. I have to say that my pizza was to die for. I ordered a new specialty pizza called Bleu Shroom Pizza. OMG! It was a handtossed pizza with olive oil, mushrooms, minced garlic and bleu cheese. I am raving about this pizza to everyone, but no one seems to be interested! I guess you do have to be a fan of bleu cheese. It rocks! You must try it if you go there!

Before we went to Hideaway, we stopped at Pier 1. This has been one of my all time favorite stores ever since I was in middle school! We used to walk to the Pier 1 by my house when I was little to look at all the cool toy like items they carry. Now I shop mainly for my house. I had a $20 gift card to use and it was burning a hole in my wallet! I needed a new reed diffuser so was happy to see they were on sale yesterday. I chose a vanilla buttercream scent. It smelled so good in the store. I decided to put it on the ledge in my kitchen. I didn't know how strong it would be, but I got a cute little holder to put it in, so thought it looked really cute and if it let off a little vanilla here and there, it would be fine. OMG! It is mouthwatering! It is filling my whole kitchen, dining room, living room area with this wonderful smell of frosting! Troy says he wants to eat the bottle! I strongly recommend this product if you like the reed diffusers. And the cute little holders to slip the bottle into make it a nice accessory to any room!

I am now just hanging out washing windows, vacuuming, dusting, doing laundry and watching my taped programs in between. I am so behind on CSI so I have watched a few of those episodes. I miss Gil Grisham so much, it is hard for me to get excited about it anymore. He made the show worth watching. It is is such a bummer that he left the show.
Well, the dryer just let out its obnoxious buzzzzzz! Time to fold and reload!

No comments:

Post a Comment